Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Happy New Year My Friends


This year, this decade is a wrap! Wow, 09 went by sooo fast. I can't really remember a lot about it. The more I think about it though, more and more stuff comes to mind.
February brought the birth of our second son Miles. In June I flew to Cambodia and spent 13 days traveling the country, at times in some rather remote locations. In July I lost my Aunt Bea who was 99 years old. She was like my grandma and I miss her a lot. In August 1Way (past and present members) reunited for Edge's release party. September 18Th was my son Micah's 3rd birthday. He had a party and that was pretty cool. In October Pam and I celebrated 6 married years together. We are having a great life! November 30Th I turned another year older and in December Miles celebrated his first Christmas. I also took another step in toward the finish line on my next project. Although the year was kinda of a blur, it was still a good year!
I once remember reading the biography of Bobby Seals, one of the founding members of the Black Panther Party. In the book Monday always represented a new beginning for him. And so it is with this New Year.
Whether the year got away from us or we could not wait for it to be over. We get to write another chapter in our own personal history that will build upon our mistakes of last year. For some of us, it will allow us to build upon the successes we had.
The New Year is kinda like an adult "do over". How many of us need that? I stopped being a resolutionist (one who makes resolutions every New Year) a while ago. When it comes to the considering the year in front of me I wanna be a revolutionist, and with the help of the Holy Spirit, evolve & mature into the person that Christ wants me to become. For me, this year, 2010 is about the pursuit of holiness. I dare you to join me. C'mon it's Monday!!!!

No comments: