Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Time Is On My Side, Isn't it?


It seems like I always let time slip away from me. It is my most valuable resource and once it is gone I can never get it back. If this is true, then why am I so willing to let it slip away so easily? Maybe it’s lack of discipline, maybe I’m lazy, maybe I am tired, or maybe I’m just comfortable with the way life is, which is a very dangerous place to be. After all, there are only so many hours in a day right? I mean I can’t really be expected to neglect my family to pursue the many things that I dream of doing, can I? Yet the call of those things that I dream of achieving keeps on calling me like an old friend. Write that book, record that album, and take that risk. But still I sit around letting time lap me like a slow runner. Wow! Looks like I need to get out a calendar put some dates on it, and do away with anything that would be considered a time waster. It is time to get it done, time to do! When I look at last year, most of my achievement in the form of personal goals came in the last month of the year. This year has to be different. It is time to do or fail trying. Maybe next year by this time, I will be a co-author of a book and have a new CD released. We shall get up and get at it. Something will be different! Now I am accountable to everyone that reads this and hopefully this is enough of a motivation to get it done.
Don’t get me wrong, I am by no means dissatisfied with being a father and a husband but I know that I was built for more. God has a bigger plan and I in my small finite mind have tried to pause it. Like I know better right? I am probably right now missing out on some huge blessing because of my lethargy.
So as I work my way thru the Life Application Bible this year, I hope to draw closer to the Lord and have Him show me the source of my complacency. After all I know the way and there is no need for me to be another cliché.

No comments: